Saturday, August 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #9

This is my ninth Six Sentence Sunday. The text is from my WIP, Secrets and Lies. This book is a mystery/family saga. I plan to have it finished by January, 2012.
His father lay face up with his arms and legs splayed at cock-eyed angles, like a marionette that landed in a broken pile when tossed in its box after the show was over. 
A gaping hull was all that remained of his fathers' face. Robbie averted his gaze so that he wouldn't have to look at where those accusing eyes had been. He squeezed his own eyes shut so tightly he saw his blood flowing in dark waves that mimicked the spray of splattered gore on the wall behind his fathers' head. When he composed himself, he opened his eyes. Bugs Bunny heckled him from the television, one finger pointing at him as if all of this was his fault.

Keep an eye on my Facebook page, my blog, and my Yahoo group for updates on this book. It's quite a twisted little tale and it will be an incredible read. Just when you think you have figured it out... you're wrong! Enjoy my Six Sentence Sunday!

25 comments:

  1. OMG Lizzie- love how you incorporated the TV show- how perfect for the scene
    Dawne P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent writing. Really liked it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've been working on his novel for many years. It's rather special to me. I plan to finish it by January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice description Elizabeth, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the comparison to a marionette, gave me an instant image...very well written and so dark. Loved it. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this 6 Elizabeth.
    Darkly horrific. The part about the marionette,made me sad but the bit about Bugs, gave me goosebumps.
    Can not wait to read the entire book.

    *bites n kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Well done! Love the contrast between the bloody gore and the Bugs Bunny cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad everyone is liking my SSS. I set this book on a fictitious island off the northeast coast of Massachusetts. It's very New England. And I hope everyone enjoys it once I finish it and publish it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is truly disturbing and well written. The description of the body as a marionette is brilliant and gives a perfecdt visual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great six - this reels you in right from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. excellently done, definitely macabre!

    ReplyDelete
  12. incredibly descriptive! it's gonna be a great story I can tell.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well written. I liked the descriptions especially the Bugs Bunny reference

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! So did the son do it? Yep, I agree with the awesome Bugs Bunny reference. I could actually hear it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very dark and intriguing! Loved it! I liked the part about Bugs Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, 'dark' is the word, but fantastically-written! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great description, especially the comparison to the marionette. Love the contrast between the gory scene and Bugs Bunny too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very noirish combination of violent death and cartoon-character accusation: just weird enough to be true-to-life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow - excellent 6! Makes me want to know what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone! I'll include more sixes from SECRETS AND LIES as the Sundays commence. I plan to have the book finished by January. It's a very dark mystery/family saga, as you can see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great opening line - I found myself trying to visualize what a gaping hull would look like. It gave me shivers. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete